Friday, September 9, 2011

Life Changing Events

Well it has been a long time since my last post and I thought I should update everyone before I have to go back to work on Monday the 12th.  The biggest life change event occurred on July 3rd when our little Alexzandria was born. She was 7lbs 5oz 20 inches long born @ 3:50am.  She is now 9 weeks and 5 days old.  I can not believe how time is flying by.  I love her more and more each day. 
Since Alexzandria has been born she has had a few visitors.  First while still at the hospital our friends Rob and Shawntal and there three girls came to meet her.  Next was my mom who stayed with us for two weeks.  She was a God send.  Because I had compilations with my c-section and I needed a lot of help.  Then my friend from work Jim stopped by.  Finally Steve's parents stayed with us for five days.  Now if we can just get my dad on a plane so he can meet her that would be great.
Alexzandria's first trip to the zoo.  We had a great weekend of Labor Day.  It was also my birthday weekend.  She did so good that we got an annual zoo pass for the family.  We were there six hours.  It is a little bit of a challenge because I breast feed but she took the bottles just fine it was breast milk so I think that helped. We also went to Greenlake that weekend to walk the dogs she really like that also.

The other life changing event that happened was one of my friends from work committed suicide.  He was found in his house a few weeks ago.  It hit me hard I don't know it it is all the pregnancy hormones still or that I had just seen him a month ago.  It was Jim who I talked about coming over to meet Alexzandria.  I talked to a few people and he was a work that Saturday and then no one heard from him and he did not come to work the following Monday and that is when they found him.  I don't know what to think I miss him and I think it is going to hit me again on Monday when I go back to work and he is not there.

Sorry to start off so happy and end so sad.  But I guess that is how life goes.  I am a better person for knowing Jim and I am glad that he got to meet Alexzandria.  I wish I could have done something but I guess he thought it was his time and that was the only thing he could do.  We will all Miss him.  Till we meet again Miss you Jimagin.

No comments:

Post a Comment